Skip to main contentCounty Home|ADA|Roads|News Releases|Organizational Chart|Index of Services|Volunteer Boards|About El Paso County|Contact Us
Header Banner
Motor Vehicle

Title Complete Notice

After the dealership or financial organization submits the title work to the Motor Vehicle Office, a Title Complete Notice (white postcard) will be mailed to notify the vehicle owner(s) that the title work has been processed. Plates then can be purchased and/or transferred. 

To plate the vehicle the owner(s) needs current proof of Colorado insurance. One owner must come into the office to show Secure and Verifiable Identification. If the owner cannot come into the office, they may complete a DMV Power of Attorney (DR2175) appointing someone else to process the transaction on their behalf.  If transferring plates, the registration for the previous vehicle is required.

Use our calculator to estimate the cost of your registration.

If you have not received a Title Complete Notice and your temporary tag is nearing expiration, contact our Motor Vehicle Office, 520-6240, or the title clerk at the dealership and ask for the date when the Motor Vehicle Office signed for the paperwork. Then, come into our office with that date, the dealership name, proof of Colorado insurance and Secure and Verifiable Identification to register your vehicle.

If the dealership has not sent the paperwork, you can request an extension of the temporary tag by coming into our office with your proof of Colorado insurance, Secure and Verifiable Identification and purchase order.