County Home|ADA|Roads|News Releases|Organizational Chart|Index of Services|Volunteer Boards|About El Paso County|Contact Us
Jimmie Van Buskirk, Manager

Contact Information:
(719) 520-7074

Heidi Benson, Assistant Manager:
(719) 520-6232

General Recording Information:
(719) 520-6200


(719) 520-6200
Recording Manager

Jimmie Van Buskirk
(719) 520-7074
Fax Number: (719) 520-6971

Location: 1675 West Garden of the Gods
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mon-Fri
(Except Holidays)
Clerk & Recorder > Recording



The Clerk’s Office is upgrading the system used in our Recording Department to better serve our customers.  We have scheduled the upgrade for Saturday, July 18, in order to have the least interruption of service for customers.

The North Office is the only branch open on Saturdays, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. 

Please note, there will be no recording services available on Saturday, July 18. 
This will affect residents seeking to obtain marriage licenses, record documents or access records.

Motor Vehicle and Driver’s License services at the North Branch will be available as usual.  All Clerk’s Office locations will have full services operational on Monday, July 20.

We apologize for any inconvenience to our Recording customers.

Locations and Hours
All four locations of the El Paso County Clerk & Recorder’s Office offer Motor Vehicle, Recording, Marriage/Civil Union Licenses, and Elections services.

Citizens Service Center
1675 W. Garden of the Gods

Get Directions

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Centennial Hall
200 S. Cascade

Get Directions

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Southeast Powers
Corner Powers Blvd and Airport Road

Get Directions

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

North Union Town Center
8830 N. Union Blvd

Get Directions

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

    Property owners may be mailed a Deed Processing Notice, which offers to provide copies of the customer’s Grant Deed and Property Profile at an exorbitant price. This “service” is unnecessary.

    You may easily obtain a copy of your deed or other documents from the El Paso County Clerk and Recorder’s office.  There is a minimal charge of $0.25 per page.  Most deeds are only one page.

    Please visit our Recording Department’s Forms Library page for information on requesting a copy.  Should you have any questions about this alert, you may contact our Recording Department Manager, Jimmie Van Buskirk,, or 719-520-7074.
  • Centennial Hall, Union Town Center and Powers branch offices services include issuance of marriage and civil union licenses, standard document recording (no plats, maps or oversized documents), and certified copies of documents from 1996 to present. Documents recorded prior to 1996 are available on microfilm at our Citizens Service Center office only.
  • If you have a question for the CLERK TO THE COURT (including divorces, child support, adoption, criminal and civil cases, transcripts, jury duty, name change) please contact Clerk of the Court at or call (719) 452-5000.
  • The Recording Department does not maintain birth and death records. Information regarding birth and death certificates may be found on the web page for the County Public Health Department.

A goal of our office is to provide as much public information to our citizens as possible, including information related to the procedural aspects of this office. However, our staff cannot provide legal advice to citizens. Advising a person on the type of instrument which should be used, or advising a person how to complete a "form" document, may constitute the practice of law. We suggest that our customers seek legal advice to assess their personal situation. Some sources of legal assistance are available through the 4th Judicial District Court website.


The Clerk & Recorder Now Accepts All Major Credit Cards